In order to increase student achievement and reduce achievement disparities, the following objectives apply to all students and all sub-groups of students.
1. Students will meet established benchmarks for proficiency and/or growth in every subject at every grade level as measured by a coherent system of common assessments.
2. The district will accommodate all eligible children in quality Title I preschool programs so that the number of CPS pre-schoolers meeting kindergarten readiness standards will improve.
3. All students will read on or above grade level at the end of each year, by 2015. Reading Data
4. Each student will meet or exceed expected growth in reading each year.
5. Proficiency rates on MAP communication arts and mathematics assessments will meet or exceed Adequate Yearly Progress proficiency targets by subgroup and overall, by 2015. MAP Data
6. Each student will meet or exceed expected growth in MAP communication arts and mathematics, each year.
7. The percentage of students that meet or exceed college readiness benchmark scores in English, reading, mathematics, and science on EXPLORE, PLAN, and ACT, will increase annually. The percentage of students taking the ACT will increase. EXPLORE Data PLAN Data ACT Data
8. All 9th grade students will successfully complete Algebra I/Integrated I and will earn at least 6 credits towards graduation.
9. The Columbia School District will increase the graduation rate annually.
10. All graduates will complete requirements for their chosen post-secondary path (2 or 4 year college, military, vocational training or employment) resulting in an annual improvement in the percentage of students entering a 2 or 4 year college, training program, occupation related to their career education training, or the military. Graduate Follow-Up Data
11. The Columbia School District will achieve a 95% average daily attendance rate.
Attendance Data: Columbia Public School Report